Monday, November 17, 2008

How we got here...

Before we begin the journey to Fondy a bit of info so as not to confuse you. I have made many changes in my life some very new and exciting and one of the most difficult. I am no longer married to a man that I truly still believe is remarkable and very smart. This was a not so easy time in my life, but then those who know me, when have I ever done things the easy way? I realized that even though I always felt I would never go through a divorce, people change, they grow up and sometimes apart. Not wanting to try and "change" someone for knowing they are who they are as I am who I am (sounds a bit like Popeye)...I struggled with knowing what I had to do. Long preface short, I knew I would have to break a heart, perhaps to save a relationship in the end. I hated knowing my best friend was hurting but I also knew I had to change so I could emerge. We still get along great and in many ways much better as that "expectation" factor has been eliminated. I will always care for the man who taught me many things and to know that taking chances can turn out better than anticipated. I am glad that we can still socialize and thus the kids are better for it.
Ok, now the next change of many. I am with a wonderful man who sees something I have yet to see. I am loved to my very core and am delighted in knowing he genuinely cares for my kids, a somewhat rare trait nowadays. He is a Navy man and although he would have you believe its no big deal, he did 20 years and is very decorated. I only dream of the things he has seen.
We lived in a mobile home just outside Baraboo in 2007 and found a home in Fond du lac in late Oct/Nov 2007 and moved in January 2008.

No comments: